Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Seminars, Seminars, Seminars!!!

Have you ever wondered, How do you create a seminar? Or How do you create income from a seminar? What I will teach you is some of the basics of starting your own seminar. Lets start shall we!







First part of this blog is:


How to Maximize Your Seminar

In my business, I offer on-line seminars just like this one. I have the option to teach by writing or to do video based seminars. I love to offer free stuff to people and free information that they can use to start a business or manage their house-hold or their finances.


Some parts of my forums or blogs, may sound opinionated, but facts tell. Stories, sell.


I am not a certified accountant or financial ad-visor. Yet, I have gained knowledge that most people do have or don't have. I have spent 16 years in learning business education and financial education. All by learning from home. I learned that you don't have to have a degree to know about something, yet it is helpful. But, its not mandatory.


10 Steps To A Profitable Seminar

  • First is Planning.
  • Second is Finding a Location (Your home is best).
  • Three Create an Invitation.
  • Four Manage Your Finances.
  • Five Provide Entertainment (Optional).
  • Six Provide Food/Catering.
  • Seven Provide Product Samples (Optional).
  • Eight Provide Product Materials.
  • Nine Direct A Master of Ceremonies.
  • Ten Have Guest Speakers Present.


First is Planning
Planning is the first step to anything. If there was no plan? How could an idea become a reality?
By planning, what you are going to do and what kind of subject(s) are you going to cover?
That is why when you plan what you are going to do. You will be able to cover the second, third, fourth and fifth steps and so on.


Second is Finding a Location 
In this next step, you have to have a location and setting of what you are going to share and present.
You have to decide on whether it would be feasible for your audience. And if it fits your budget.
Also, you have to figure out whether the location is near or far from where your audience or members of your business can attend. If the setting is near their location. You may have a high attendance rate. If the location is far. You may have a low attendance rate. Yet, not all the time that this happens. Most of the time you will have 100% attendance. Depending on how many guests you have invited. In which I will explain more in the next step.


Three Create an Invitation
This step I will teach you about Creating an Invitation. Now that you have planned out your seminar and found a location. Creating an invitation is really simple. It is not that difficult. You can work with the people that you already know. You can start out by using the F.O.R.M. (Family/Friends, Occupation, Recreation, Memberships (aka Organizations) ) these are what we call markets. In these markets are people that you already know and in the field of business. We call this, Warm and Hot Markets. Cold Markets are those people that you don't know and you want to introduce to your business or organization. Also, you have to figure out how many guests you are going to invite. If you are planning to have your seminar at home. I would suggest that your limit should be ten (10) the most. Depending on the location. You can have about a hundred (100) guests. Furthermore, you can also decide if you want to have tickets sales for your seminar or you can have a free invitation be set (note: when giving a free seminar, your chance of attendance will be 100% versus a paid event). Depending on which end do you want to receive income. If you are planning to receive income from the beginning? I would suggest that you create ticket sales. If you are planning to receive income based on your products? I would suggest that you have a free event.


Four Manage Your Finances
This step is very important. Why? Because, as with everything in life. Managing your finances is very important. You don't want to overspend your budget by renting a location that is very expensive, plus you don't want to spend too much on entertainment and food, sample products (if any), product materials, hosting and guest-speakers. You want to keep your expenses to a low minimum. Unless, you are planning to make higher profits by increasing the ticket value (if any). That is why most seminars are done at home. Because, its cheap and some of your guests know where you live (unless you know them very well). But, that's where most businesses start from. All businesses and product creation start from home. In the kitchen, living room and garage. I will explain more on this in a later blog.


Five Provide Entertainment (Optional)
When you have done the above steps. You can now start to decide whether you want live entertainment or have visual entertainment via video presentations or slide shows just to keep your guests entertained. A seminar that has active entertainment, draws attention. As long as the entertainment is about your business or the subject at hand. You don't want a seminar to sound like its a rock concert. But you want to make sure that your seminar that you are hosting has energy and that it keeps your guests motivated and educated all at the same time.


Six Provide Food/Catering
Now that you have your entertainment all figured out. You have to also figure out if you want to serve your guests with free food or your product samples; vitamins, energy drinks, and so forth. Yet, your seminar will have more of an increase if there's complementary food or drinks that is either supplied by a hotel, restaurant or where ever the location that you are having your seminar at. If you are having it at home? I would suggest that you budget yourself on how much food and drinks you are going to have at hand. Sometimes planning to have a seminar at home has its ups and downs. The upside, you can have people in a comfortable setting. The downside, is that, you have to do some figuring of budget. If you spend too much or too little to provide for your guests. You might or might not have a chance to accommodate them. That is why, I said earlier. In the invitation part. If you have ten guests at your home? Your budget will be small and reasonable. But, if you have a seminar at some other location? Your budget will be high. Because your attendance might be 100+.


Seven Provide Product Samples (Optional)
In this section, you can have product samples on hand, if you choose. It all depends on what kind of business you are promoting. And what your seminar it is all about. This will give your business exposure, as well as moving your product line.


Eight Product Materials
What I am going to explain here is, product materials. If you have materials that describe your business or the products that you are promoting. Will give your business a boosts as well as educate the public or your guests at your seminar. It can be from books, cds, dvds etc. As long as it explains in detail with information that is helpful to your guests. And if it is understandable. Also affordable.


Nine Direct A Master of Ceremonies
This part can be optional. If you choose, you can have an MC to edify you and your guest-speakers to your audience. Make sure that if you do have an MC at hand, that you inform him or her on the subject that is to be addressed. That way, it will make your seminar flow naturally in a professional manner. If it has to be scripted, then it has to be scripted. But be careful if you have your MC explain things unscripted. Because, sometimes the topic can go off topic. So use caution when setting up your MC to be unscripted. Your MC by the way can be anyone. It can be your business partners, your spouse, your relatives, co-workers etc.


Ten Have Guest Speakers Present
In this section, I will explain that having guest-speakers present, draws more interests into what you are doing or what you are trying to promote. You can edify your guest-speakers or your guest-speakers can edify you and your business. Its a win-win situation. Both of you and your guest-speakers will have the exposure of your business or theirs.


My Story:
Before I started to do this business, I had to go to school to learn how to read, speak English and do math. Going from elementary to junior high and to high school. What I learned, it gave me the fundamentals of education. I also attended college, but I didn't receive my degree, only because my instructor told me that  what I had gained, wasn't part of my program. I learned though-out the system, that its broken. Then I found a job. It paid well, but it didn't make me happy. I got too stressed out, that I had a feeling that it was going to ruin my life. There were times that I wanted to quit my job. But, loosing it at the time was not so good. I found a girl-friend at the time and I moved in with her. My relationship was going good, until the bills started to kick in and I found myself with too much month at the end of the money. What I made from pay-check to pay-check, didn't cut it for me. I had to do something fast. And when I did, it tore my relationship apart. At first, I thought that it would benefit us. I soon learned that I wasn't benefiting us, I was benefiting more of myself than us. No matter what I did, it got worse. Then we started fighting and arguing. I learned later that when a relationship starts in a fight. It will end in a fight. Then we broke up. Followed by me losing my job. And now being broke. And that was the time I started to do this business. I had forgotten that I had a business of my own and if I had given my business more attention. I would have been a millionaire.


Learning is not Enough, its Doing.
Colleges don't teach you about work or getting a good job. They teach you about a career. The difference between work and a career. You don't need a degree to find a job, you just have to know your network. Why? Because no matter what work or job you want, the degree that you worked hard for all your life doesn't mean anything. You might be thinking; "I have a degree." Well, good for you. Unless you own your own business then that degree should be helpful.


Learning about a profession is okay. But spending money on education that won't guarantee that you will get the job that you want won't cut it. The money that you spend on to learn something, only will put you into debt. Because, once you start to learn about becoming a dentist or a lawyer, you have to pay back what you borrowed. You will become a slave to the lender.


Reading, Writing and Arithmetic's are just the fundamentals. And that's all you need. If you want to become a scientist, learn science. And so, college courses teaches us to own your-own-business. To become self-employed. Remember that! College courses teaches you how to become self-employed. Basic education teaches you how to live a J.O.B. (Jump Out of Bed) life-style. To become a business owner. Go to seminars, join an organization that teaches the fundamentals of business. Learn from people who thrive and prosper like millionaires. Learn what it takes to become a multi-millionaire by becoming members of these types of organizations. Because, the education that you receive is more valuable than that plaque on your wall.




No comments:

Post a Comment